Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hair on the run

Yesterday I left early from work to highlight my hair along with the free cut that my hair stylest provides on Tuesday. I call my husband to remind him that I would be getting home late and to go ahead and eat dinner. Michael tells me that he might have to work late. I ask him to call closer to 5:00 to figure out what we could do about the kids. (They are both at Nana's on Tuesday, so it was easier to pick them up.!!!!) My appointment is at 4:30 and Angela gets the foil in my hair and leaves to pick up her daughter from their home to take her to her piano lessons. Angela leaves at 5:00 and I read while she is gone. My darling husband calls at 5:20 stating that he is going to have to work late and that I need to go get the kids. Problems #1: I have foil in my hair!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem #2: Angela is not back from taking her daughter to her piano lessons. I call Angela and ask her if I could leave to pick up the boys. Problem #3: Anegla states that she will be back in about five minutues; however, if I leave with the foil it in my hair for too long that I risk a chance of my hair falling out. So, I decide to wait. (Hair on the top of my head is important to me.) Angela gets back and stated that I need to wait five more minutes. However, I decide to go ahead and wash my hair praying that my decison would not mess up my highlights. (it still looked good and did not mess the highlights. But if it had it would have been my husbands hide!) Here is the part of the story most of you will get a kick out of, I leave the shop w/a towel around my head to pick up the boys from Nana's. I told Angela that I would be back in about 30 minutes and she was kind enough to wait. I am going down I20 at 75 miles an hour w/a towel on the top of my head. What would I tell the police officer if I had gotten pulled over, the truth. My husband had to work late, so I had to go get my kids, and I am in the process of getting my hair done................. He/she would have thought that I was nuts, eventhough I already know that I lost it a long time ago. Needless to say, I got the kids and returned back to have Angela finish my hair. Michael came to get the kids while Angela was cutting my hair, yes!.P.S. My husband owe's me a head massage. You woman know what I am talking about. I love having someone else wash my hair and Angela had to hurry!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is funny. Life with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE it when you said hair on top of my head is important to me. I was laughing like crazy when I read that LOL!

    ReplyDelete